Important Resources

For patients that are having a psychiatric crisis in which they are at risk of suicide or seriously injuring others, either go to the ER or call 911.

911-Ask for a CIT officer to be sent to your location. CIT is Crisis Intervention Team. These officers have special training in helping people in a psychiatric crisis.

If you are feeling suicidal, and unsure not willing to go to the ER (which is what my recommendation would be), you can call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (1-800-273-TALK [8255]) and Crisis Text Line (Text HOME to 741741)

988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline

Community Services

For patients in a psychiatric crisis in which the patient is not an immediate danger to themselves or others, you can call the Crisis Response Team open 24 hours to respond via phoen and/or in person to patients in the community in the midst of a psychiatric crisis:

(844) 274-7472

Be aware that if you are willing to receive telehealth, you now have more options for medication management than every before. If your child is in need of a psychiatric med prescriber, look online for places outside of Rochester that provide psychiatric medication management for children.

New national crisis/suicide hotline number is 988.

Therapy Exploitation Link The link line is a non-for-profit run by victims of therapist exploitation. If you or someone you know you or someone you know has been emotionally or sexually exploited in psychotherapy or be aware this is NOT OKAY. This resource may offer some help.

Southeast Regional Crisis Center

72121 Campus Drive SE, Rochester, MN 55904

“The Southeast Regional Crisis Center (SERCC) is a new 24/7 walk-in mental health facility designed specifically for people experiencing a mental health crisis. The center provides a calm, safe and welcoming environment. You'll receive immediate help from compassionate staff who are experts in crisis, trauma, and mental health care.”

(507) 322-3019

Psychiatric Assistance Line (PAL)

For patients and families that are waiting for myself or another psych provider for medication management; or who can’t get in with anyone at all, I would highly, highly recommend talking with your child’s primary care provider about the Psychiatric Assistance Line. Any healthcare provider can call for mental health triage and referral, or for a consultation with a Board Certified Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist regarding a patient. This is a free service provided by Prairie Care Medical Group through a grant from DHS. That means even if your primary care provider is not a psychiatric expert, they can consult with someone who is.